Saturday, October 07, 2006

Back at MCCF

From Dave:

This evening (10/5) was the first time back to MCCF in a while, and it was an interesting return. There was some sort of difficulty in MCCF this day. There was quite a state of disarray with the whole facility and there were no deputies available to let me into the chaplain's office. Because "in every difficulty is an opportunity with the Lord," I decided to go to the Mod units with no Good News bag, bibles, literature, calendars, or anything and represent the Lord Jesus the best I could.

Mike and Justin came to the table together and asked, "Who are you, and why are you here?" They, and perhaps others, had the same question because I had no Good News bag or info. displayed that I was a Good News volunteer. So after a short introduction and explanation of the situation, I got right down to presenting the gospel. They both had lots of questions. Eventually, both men made decisions to receive Jesus as their Savior and Lord . We talked and prayed quite a bit afterward.

Just as I was leaving, Jim stopped me on the floor and we sat down for some talking and praying. It turns out that he is going to be released soon. His wife and family live close to the building where my church, Rochester Vineyard, meets. He is a maintenance person for an apartment complex, and specifically has training and experience with steam boiler heating systems. Jim is a Christian and is interested in hooking up with a church on release. I told him about my church, and our need for a heating person with his skill sets. Jim gave me all his info. (address, phone#, etc) and wants me to followup.

Pray that Jim and his family get connected to the church, form strong relationships with Christ and other believers, and begin to use their gifts in the body for the glory of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home