Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Hit and run

I met "Andy" last Friday. He has a Christian background, but fell away. "I was doing good until I stopped going to Bible studies and stopped praying," he told me. "I got into using and selling drugs. Then one day I was at my girlfriend's house. She got mad at for something and started hitting me. I fought back. I'm in here for assault. I know what I did was wrong. There's no excuse for it."

"A few days before that, I had been riding my bike and I got hit by a car. My knees are in terrible pain and I can't bend them."

We talked about the verse that says, "Confess your sins to one another and pray for each other so that you may be healed" (James 5:16). He repented of the sins that the Lord brought to his mind, including drug dealing and hitting his girlfriend. I then prayed for his knees. There was not an instant healing, but I'm believing God will heal him.

"I'd really like to be a youth pastor some day," he told me later. "My pastor told me that I work really well with kids. I do enjoy it."

Pray that Andy's life will be turned around, and that he will fulfill God's calling on his life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home