Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Pierced hand

I don't know how this story from Dave got buried. I guess I never posted it. Anyway, here's a testimony from December 2006:

Mike and Chris were sitting at a table with me. They were both concentrating on drawing and coloring various cartoon action figures and such. I noticed that in one of their portfolio binders there was a partially started figure of a "pierced hand" holding a flower. I mentioned that the figure looked similiar to that of Jesus' "pierced" hand on the cross. That comment did not result in any reaction from them. I explained more fully: "Jesus bled and died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose again." They stopped drawing, and I said again, "Jesus bled and died on the cross for your sins, was buried, and rose again."

The Lord got their attention! This started an intense conversation about believing in God and why Jesus was so different from anybody else. The Lord got through and both of them confessed their sins and received Jesus as their Savior and Lord. Both left with a Bible and a Good News bible study unit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home