Friday, September 23, 2005

Deliverance from evil spirits

TJ was one of the first guys to approach me yesterday. He was a young man with a pleasant smile.

"Before I was saved, I was involved with Santeria. (Santeria is an occult religion.) I would call upon spirits to go and do things for me. Different spirits would help me get money or women.

"After I became a Christian, there was one demon that kept coming around. I saw it here." (He pointed to a location in the jail.) "It was smaller than it was before I was saved, but I still recognized it. I told it to go away, but it came back with seven others."

"You mean, you counted how many there were?" I asked.

"Yes, I did," he replied. "Sometimes they grab me and choke me at night. They release their hold when I say the name 'Jesus.' I'm going upstate soon and I don't want to take these demons with me. There are enough of them in prison!"

At this point, I recalled Jesus' words: "'When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, "I will return to the house I left." When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation'" (Matthew 12:43-45).

I asked TJ to confess with his mouth that Jesus is Lord of his life. He did so, readily. "TJ, I want you to repent of involvement with these particular spirits and repent of the sins that gave them access into your life." He did that.

"How do you feel now?" I asked him.

He said he didn't feel any different, so I put my hand on his shoulder and asked the Lord to reveal to him if there were any hindrances to his being set free. After I prayed I asked him, "Did anything come to your mind as I was praying?" "No, but as you were praying, I felt something go down my arm and out of my fingers. It left me!"

I encouraged him to give praise and thanks to the Lord for what He did. We both prayed together. I prayed that the Holy Spirit would fill him and take back the ground that the enemy had in his life.

Personally, I love seeing people set free from demonic oppression. Pray that TJ will remain free, develop a habit of meditating on the Word of God and continue to seek the Lord Jesus with all his heart.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miry Lou said...

It is so awesome that you get to work in the prison and minsiter to the inmates. Your stories are encouraging. I will have to have my husband visit your blog.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home