Thursday, August 11, 2005

Vacation and funeral

Hey folks,

I'm mostly out of town and out of commission for a week or so. We had a vacation planned for this week, and last week I found out my 96-year-old grandfather went to be with the Lord. (Yes, thankfully he did know Jesus!) I will be participating in the funeral this Saturday in California.

Granddaddy was/is an inspiration to me. He was the son of a sharecropper who moved his family from Mississippi to California in the 1930's. As a Black man with a junior high education living before the Civil Rights era, he didn't use his "disadvantaged" position as an excuse for why he couldn't succeed. He worked hard to provide for his family and to give them a good standard of living. He raised his children to fear God, and was an example to many. I am proud to be a grandson of C T Andrews.

I mourn the loss of him and will miss him terribly. However, I do not "grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope" (1 Thessalonians 4:13). I am confident that because "Jesus died and rose again...God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him" (1 Thess. 4:14). I will see him again at the resurrection when the Lord will have transformed "our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body" (Philippians 3:21). Praise God!

"Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?


"The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.
But thanks be to God!
He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ"
(1 Corinthians 15:55-57; emphasis mine).

3 Comments:

Blogger Yannick said...

Sorry to hear about the passing of your grandfather Brian. Thank God he is with him in heaven.

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian,
I am sorry to hear about your grandfather, but I am sure that God already has a place prepared in heaven for him.

Be safe.

Nia

6:13 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

HI Brian,

Sorry I haven't been keeping updated. I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather, but it was a great testimony about his life.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home