Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Two "Yeses" and a "Maybe"

This is a report from Dave:

Last week Thursday was one of those nights where there was not a lot of talking and praying as there normally is. I was at one end of the table directly sharing with some inmates and at the other end my Good News Prison Ministry bag was being raided (books, bibles, tracts, calendars, etc.)

Ron sat down at the table and almost begs to know how to be saved. He prayed to receive Christ, and I gave him a Good News bible study unit and the only full bible (Old & New Testaments) that I had left.

Steve was a Spanish-speaking inmate that just came out of the woodwork. I had not seen him before. Although Steve came from a devout Catholic Puerto Rican family, he never embraced the Catholic faith. He did tell me that his praying grandmother was always "on his case" about being right with the Lord. He told me, "I know deep down that I need to get turned around and get saved tonight." He made it clear that he could not wait until tomorrow. He did come to Christ that night. Pray that Steve continues along the path of righteousness.

Karl was the next man I talked to. He clearly heard and understood the gospel message. At the end of it all he emphatically indicated that he needed more time to "sort out" his 'priorities' and not make commitments to anything right now. I was just a little shocked at his response and boldness to reject his opportunity. I am always a little concerned by such a result as I am not always certain that inmates (like Karl) are going to have another chance. Pray for Karl that the Lord will be gracious and patient before it is too late.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Father, I pray that your Spirit would penetrate all the inmates hearts and cause them to hunger and thirst for you. In Jesus name....Amen

4:22 PM  
Blogger steve said...

God bless!

I pray for your ministry!

God is good!!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Yannick said...

I continue to pray for your ministry. You guys are doing great!

May God continue to bless your ministry and may more lives be saved through it.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Bill, Steve and Yannick,

Thanks for all your prayers. One guy I met in the jail a while ago came to church this past week. It was a real blessing to see him.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Brian,

I just moved to Oregon within the last 6 months. Prior to that, I was the director of Saving Grace Jail Ministry in Orange County California. We conducted two back to back services every other week. I did this for about 5 years. I am hoping that in the future; as we invest in the youth here in the Northwest; and when they come of age; that I will be able to take them into the jails as well to minister to our brothers and sisters behind bars. That is such a fruitful ministry

11:28 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Hey Bill,

We may have been neighbors at some point. I'm originally from the L.A. area, but my wife and I lived in Orange County (Buena Park) for about a year while I was finishing seminary. After that, we moved to San Diego to be part of a church plant there. I was the worship leader/associate pastor.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home