Saturday, March 11, 2006

Shake the dust

On Thursday, I went to the jail pod I normally go to. All of the guys I usually have Bible study with were gone. They have either moved to the correctional facility, gone upstate, or been released.

There wasn't much going on in that pod. Generally, a few men will ask for Bibles, reading material, Bible study guides, bookmarks, calendars--something. But not here, not today. Everyone was interested in either poker or the latest soap opera love triangle.

There was a time when I would take such things personally. "They don't want to talk to me." But it's not about me. It's about Jesus--and what He's doing in them at the time. If you've ever been discouraged by someone's lack of interest in God, don't take it out on the person or on yourself. Just take it to God. Entrust them to Him. Shake the dust off your feet, and keep walking (Luke 10:10-11). Be assured that there are others who are ready and waiting to hear about the Savior.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home